Sunday, March 21, 2010

My Salvation Army Treasures and a Winner!


We have a WINNER!!!!

Drumroll, please..................................

Lucky commenter #159, The Hershey Bryces.

CONGRATS and happy glossing!


Like my cute new spring jacket? Guess where I found this adorable little thing? I'm sure my title didn't give you any clues, right? Ha! I scored this treasure at The Salvation Army for $2.99. I hear people going on and on about their local Sally Ann or Goodwill and I feel slightly jealous. Our local store is super icky and way overpriced. NOT a good combination. So, while on vacation this week, I about made my hubby wreck when I shreiked STOP.THE.CAR. Not only did he stop the car, he actually dropped me off by myself and took the kids to the toy store. Reason # 687 why I love my husband! He totally gets me.....sometimes.

Have I mentioned my love affair with frames? One can never have too many frames, in my humble opinion. Especially when you can find nice sturdy solid oak ones with ridiculously large molding for a dollar or two. These will be painted and hung on my wall of empty frames. Another thing I love...empty frames. Weird, I know.


I pretty much peed my pants when I saw this lamp. I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for Target to clearance these out...with no such luck. I just can't bring myself to spend $30 or more on a lamp that I technically do not need, but desperately want. But, for $6.99 with the plastic still on the lampshade.....wrap it up, I'll take it! I saw lots of crap, but also lots of great stuff too. They had this giant upholstered chair with a cane back for $39 that I briefly considered, but I would have had to leave a child in Georgia, and that just didn't pan out. But for under seventeen dollars I got a trendy little jacket, 4 great frames, and a brand new acrylic lamp. Not too shabby, huh?



We had a wonderful time being together as a family this week. Despite the fact that all 6 of us battled a wicked nasty stomach virus, we still had a good time. I guess that says alot about our desire to be together, no matter what. My 4 year old said it best when she saw her daddy that first night......"Dad, I missed you so much....but we're back together...we're a family again". Heartbreaker, right? That girl has a way with words. There's nothing much sweeter than a little girl and her daddy.....so precious!


19 comments:

Unknown said...

Great finds!!!! Glad you had a good trip!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I'm glad you had a good trip my friend! I have been so busy working on projects that I didn't make it over to enter your giveaway! But congratulations to your winner!

XOXO
Jen

Brooke said...

great finds!

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great score. Do you go shopping everyday to find such deals?

Richella Parham said...

All six of you got it?? Oh, I'm so sorry. But I'm so glad you got to be together!

Love your thrifty treasures! Doesn't it feel good to score cool things for so little money?

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great scores, Amanda! Glad you are enjoying some time with "hubby" and your daughter's sentiment is well said.

Life Is Crazy Beautiful said...

Great treasures! We usually suffer the same around here (thrift stores, flea markets & most garage sales) - it's either yucky or overpriced...but you have inspired me to keep trying.

Glad you and your fam are feeling better. Vaca is ALL about the being together - not as much about the "where you go", or even the "what you do" so much :)


Lisa

Heather L. said...

Wow! Great finds! I love to find treasures like that. Where in Georgia were you? I live in Marietta (suburb of Atlanta) and we do have some pretty good Goodwills here.

Sorry about the stomach bug - we've had MORE than our share of those this year! Not alot of fun.

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

Love, love, love those frames!!!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I'm trying not to hate on you for that lamp find. ;) Love the jacket too!!!

nina@themissadventuresofnina said...

Oh, how adorable is your child. I imagine he was melted with that one. Our little one cuddles with us and just can get away with anything right now. And when I woke up one night (we lost our home in Nov. and we where all rooming together in my sister's basement) to find the 17yr old giving me a kiss in the forehead...ahhh. pure.bliss.

Melanie said...

That lamp is fabulous, I can't wait to see where it lands in your home. I SO need some new lamps! I'm new to your blog, but love your premise...I have some to the exact same conclusions about perfection. Your Etsy shop is lovely as well. I love to be creative & crafty, and can't wait to get working on several projects once we get this house in order (we just moved...) Thanks for the inspiration! Best regards!

Tausha said...

glad your home-sorry about being sick. Jealous of your cute jacket and sad that I didn't win!

Tausha said...

glad your home-sorry about being sick. Jealous of your cute jacket and sad that I didn't win!

A Southern Rose said...

Love all of your treasures. So glad that you got to spend some time with your hubby. What your little girl said was precious and I know it touched both of your hearts.

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

FrouFrouBritches said...

Our Goodwill is TERRIBLE - no furniture whatsoever and when they do have stuff, it's WAAAAY overpriced. I need to check and see if we have a Salvation Army. You found great stuff! I would love to have a pretty lamp, but they would just get broken at my house. Cute stuff!

My little girl adores her daddy too. So sweet the things they say!!

Nancy @ Live love laugh said...

I traveled quite a was to get to a Goodwill to "score" like everyone else, but it was terrible! Mostly all clothes and not-so-great household goods...So, I will try a Salvation Army that is nearby...I have always passed it but never went in...
Glad you had a nice trip!!
~Nancy

Anonymous said...

I actually have a collection of frames from yard sales as well... I was wondering how I could find glass to fit them all, but now I think I like your idea of having an empty frame wall even better! Thanks for the inspiration!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

great find on the lamp. those places are so addictive and i should know!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin