Monday, March 1, 2010

Fantabulous Fabric Feature


So, my new cricut friend, Leigh, sent me a link she thought I might be interested in the other day. When I clicked on it, I think I gasped...loudly. Just look at this gorgeous fabric giraffe. It is ironed on directly to the wall. HELLO??? Did you even know you could do that? Well I didn't, that's for sure. I'm pretty sure this is one of the most genius ideas ever. I already have plans to do something similar in my girls room on the big blank wall. Soooooooo excited!




The mastermind behind this project is Melanie @ Sewing for Scarlett. She provides a wonderful tutorial on how she did this step by step. Seriously, I am so in love with this idea I can hardly stand it! Did I mention she free handed the pattern for the giraffe? She's amazing. And not to mention, a very talented seamstress.




These little dresses are TO.DIE.FOR.CUTE.




She sells these cute rosette onesies in her etsy shop, along with some other really cute stuff.






And her ruffle jersey skirt that she knocked off from J. Crew is adorable! She has skills that I, sadly, just don't possess. But the fabric applique on the wall...now I can handle that! Me and my cricut are getting down to business on some wall appliques...stay tuned for complete and utter cuteness!




13 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is so cool! I love that idea. And the material she used is fabulous!

I hope you are having a good week my friend!

XOXO
Jen

Kristina P. said...

That giraffe is amazing!!

Unknown said...

Ooh! Love the giraffe! I am in the midst of making a fabric applique for my sons wall but hadn't figured out how to adhere it ... I was thinking double sided tape but now I'll go look at the iron-on method!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

That is amazing, Amanda! I had no idea you could do things like that with the cricut. I don't know a lot about it except for all the great letters I see people make and that alone impresses me!

Shelley in SC said...

What a great idea . . . can't wait to see your take on it!! : )

Unknown said...

That is incredible. I can't believe the things people come up with. Can't wait to see yours.
Brooke

Vonda said...

I am watching a Cricut on Ebay...please keep the ideas coming!

Pam Walter said...

The giraffe is beautiful! Just the perfect happy addition to a child's room. www.satisfiedsole.com

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those rosettes are major cuteness!!! :)

Paula said...

Can you recommend any online sites for Cricut patterns?
Thanks, Paula

FrouFrouBritches said...

Love the giraffe - that Pop Garden fabric is my FAVE!!!! I've been hoarding it for months to make something for my little one. Cool that she free-handed that!!

My pennies are not adding up fast enough for a Cricut!!! I want it now!

Can't wait to see what you do!!!!

Jeanette said...

How cute! I would have never dreamed you could iron fabric on a wall!

leelea said...

I am sooo glad you loved the link!!!! I certainly thought of you when i found her too!!!!! I feel important being mentioned in a post! Thanks!!! Cant wait to see what you come up with!!!! I am thinking I will try sailboats on my son's walls!!!!! I will let you know how mine come out!!!! ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin