Monday, March 29, 2010

Are Your Walls Naked?


Ok, ladies...let's hear it. Do you struggle with what to hang on your walls. Do you have fully clothed walls or are they nekkid (that's how we say it down here)? I get alot of questions and comments from people who are afraid to adorn their walls. WHY? Well, in my little 'ol opinion, it's fear.....the "Debbie Downer" of all perfectionists. She whispers in our ear making us doubt our strengths and abilities, thus keeping us from creating something beautiful. DO NOT listen to that voice anymore! Listen to yourself. Be true to yourself. Find your own personal style. Then you can move past that fear and make your home reflect YOU!




These cute little birdies have been on my to do list for some time, and I finally stole a few minutes this weekend to get them done. Such a simple addition, but so stinkin cute! I love this one perched on the corner of the door frame.





And seriously...isn't this aqua blue bird adorable? LOVE him! He makes the whole wall much more interesting, don't you think?



I better be careful, or soon my gallery wall of empty frames might just take over the whole room! My collection of yard sale, thrift store, and trash frames is on-going. I simply cannot help myself when I see a good deal on a nice big chunky frame. It doesn't matter if the color is hideous, because I spray paint them all heirloom white to tie the whole grouping together. I don't even notice color when I'm shopping for second hand frames. As long as it has good bones, it's a keeper and it ends up coming home with me. Never again will I pay regular store prices for frames. I have been spoiled rotten from shopping second hand.




I really enjoy this wall of empty frames. It is random and silly and quirky, but it is so me. And I love finding new additions to funk it up even more! But, if you're not into the empty frame look, another great idea would be to use vinyl decals inside some of the frames....an initial, a monogram, a bird, crown, chandelier, etc.....anything that speaks to you and reflects your personality or personal style. Then to unify the look, simply spray paint all the frames the same color. This is a great wall filler for anyone struggling with what to hang on their empty walls. I know there are some of you out there with scantily clad walls. Please, don't let your walls be naked...it's so sad. Walls deserve love too. Don't let your fear of too many holes or not enough money keep you from having something pretty to look at. Alot can be achieved with little to no money, and a bit of paint and creativity. So, what are you waiting for? Grab those ugly hunter green and mauve frames from 1987, give 'em a coat of your favorite paint color and go to town, baby!


20 comments:

Rachel said...

My walls are unfortunately very, very naked. I'm sad about that - I am. But I also don't know what to put where. And it's not because I don't have. I have lots of frames (empty ones), some antique pieces that my nearly-80 year old dad has given me, photographs of my sweet kiddos, and on and on.
I know that I must do something.

Leanne said...

I love all your frames and your cute little birds. The wall looks amazing.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I love those frames AND the birds. Amazing as usual my friend. Have a very happy week!!!

XOXO
Jen

PS - My hubby has been working on the blog design for the project I will send it over tomorrow so you can see it.

Richella Parham said...

Such a great, encouraging post! And I'm so glad that your walls aren't nekkid!

Angie Holden said...

Love those little birds!! And your frames! Nice job!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love the frame wall!! I have a few empties of my own that could use some lovin'. Thanks for the encouragement. PS. We say "nekkid" here too. ;)

Unknown said...

Your little birds add such a fun twist to your decor. I love the one above the frame!

Nancy

Trimble said...

Speaking of naked walls...I just took some things off my wall that were hanging above the headboard of our bed (in case of an earthquake, I'd hate to have them knock us out :)) Anyway, I'm wondering if you have suggestions on what to hang above a bed that isn't "dangerous" if it falls off the wall.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love this wall and those birds are too cute! I have been gathering frames and mirrors for awhile so I can do something similar to this. I will never pay full price again either.

Unknown said...

My walls are semi-naked.

I am slow to even know what I love when it comes to wall art. I am getting better and I have to say my children (who are now at artist ages) are helping me fill those naked walls.

Angie said...

Love that wall of frames! No, my walls are not bare at all. I have lots on them and am always looking to add more! Great advice!

Geezees Custom Canvas Art said...

Cute frames.

Anonymous said...

The birds are beautiful, what are they made of?

nikki said...

I need an empty frame for a project for a hairbow holder, when can I tag along to find some of my own

Pam Walter said...

Sadly, I don't have enough wall space to have this much fun with. www.satisfiedsole.com

Tausha said...

Did you use the cricut? Love it! In fact-do you mind if I share the idea with tv tomorrow? Let me know.
Thanks babe!

Infarrantly Creative said...

That little pop of color with the turquoise is awesome. LOVES!

About a Cupcake said...

I'm a college student and recently moved into my first ever apartment. It is such a struggle to furnish the walls, because the posters and frame-less pictures of my dorm room days seem inadequate. This is a very helpful article and great blog, thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful idea!

ClassyGal said...

What are the little birds made of? Vinyl?

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin