Saturday, January 10, 2009

My Current Addictions

Ashley at Domestic Fashionista was one of my very first blogging buddies. She welcomed me with open arms, as so many others did, into the wonderful world of blogging! I am so glad I have gotten to know her and become her friend. She was kind enough to grace me with this wonderfully fabulous award. Thanks Ashley...you're a sweet-pea! I am supposed to list 5 things I'm addicted to and then pass this award onto 5 people who I'm addicted to and follow.


EASY PEASY.


1. My most favorite addiction would have to be my family! I LOVE being a mommy and the blessings and privileges that come with it. I wouldn't trade my days of wiping bottoms and noses and kissing bobos for anything in this world! They are my world. And even when my dear sweet hubby decides he wants to look like a terrorist for 3 months...I still love the socks off that man! We lovingly referred to him as "Osama Bin David" during that unfortunate phase. Unconditional love people...UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.



2. SHOES!!! New shoes. I treated myself to a funky fresh pair of new shoes today. My favorite shoe store was having a half off sale and I couldn't stay away. As hard as it is to believe I haven't bought a new pair since the summer. I've been soooo good for sooo long. I needed a treat. I know some of you may be thinking, why would that crazy girl buy sandals in the middle of winter? Let me explain. I live in south Mississippi. It has been 75 degrees the past week. I wear my flip flops 12 months out of the year people. We have crazy weather. One day it might be 80 and the next day it's 40. Yes, I know... sad, but true.


3. Sonic Happy Hour. For those of you deprived souls who don't have Sonic...I'm truly sorry. Everyday from 2-4 pm all of their drinks and slushes are half price.


Large diet Dr. Pepper (with the really good crushed ice) = 87 cents.


It's my happy place!



4. I love me some animal print. I especially love to mix it with really traditional stuff to funk it up a bit. This applies to fashion and home decor. Right now I'm thinking these shoes would look lovely paired with a sweater set and pencil skirt! You like how I've managed to put them in almost every picture in this post? Me likey!


5. And last, but certainly not least...I am totally and irrevocably addicted to blogging. Admitting you have a problem is the first step, right? I actually have a confession. I used to make fun of bloggers...relentlessly. Oh how sheltered I was. I had no idea what I was missing. I have never been so inspired by so many talented women. I had no idea the bonds of friendship that would form between virtual strangers. I feel honored to have come to know such kind hearted loving strangers. And I am truly blessed to have ya'll as friends!



Now I want to pass this award onto 5 bloggers that I am addicted to and follow on a daily basis.




1.Megan @ LittleBellaBean. This girl is unbelievably talented with a needle and thread. Go check out her cute blog and especially her etsy shop...yummy baby goods!


2.Valarie @ Valarie Lea From Tennessee, Now in Alabama. I can always count on her to make me laugh. She takes the everyday stuff and turns it into greatness! Her writing is hilarious.


3.Jen @ Balancing Beauty and Bedlam. She inspires me to be a better person, a better Mom, a more Christ-like woman. And to top it all off...she's funny too!


4.Vintage Chic Chick @ Vintage Chic Home. I love her style. And she always has a fun project going on.
5. Tanya @ Sunday Baker. I am totally addicted to her yummy recipes. I am amazed that she just comes up with this stuff off the top of her head. In addition to sharing some scrumptious ideas, she has an unbelievably touching story of love and loss. She is a wonderfully loving wife and mother who inspires me in so many ways.
Please go and visit these amazing women. I promise you'll be glad you did!

23 comments:

Mother Hood said...

I think your husband looks more like a strapping young Santa, rather than a terrorist! He looks much too kind for terrorism! ;)

Sonic's happy hour ROCKS. Our Sonic is in the next town. :( And who can resist animal print? Not me! You have some great addictions!

Tanya said...

You are soo sweet! Thank you! I can't wait to check out your other links.

Your blog is wonderful. What a beautiful family you have. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jodee said...

I enjoyed reading your addiction post! Your family is adorable and I love your new shoes! Sonic's happy hour rocks! We were just there on Thursday!

Cassandra said...

Ok. I am a Mississippi girl and now...I love your blog even more! I was from NE MIssissippi until we moved to Arkansas three years ago...but still...one day I will retire to Biloxi...my fave place....oh and Lemon Berry Slush..its the bomb....and the shoes! TOO CUTE!! You did good!!! Your family is very beautiful and you must be married to a deer hunter...thankfully mine took up trout fishing...must cleaner face now....great post.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ah...I am so glad I found you too. We'll have a fun '09 together. I am cracking up at your Osama Bin David name - too funny. And yep, gotta love a pencil skirt with those shoes. LOVE. THEM!

Unknown said...

Thank you!!!
Totally lovin' the shoes!!!!!! So amazing! And I am a recovering sonic addict. :)

Kimba said...

Love those shoes!!!!! Back in my working (for a paycheck) days, I had the most fabulous pair of zebra-striped slides. I loved to wear them with my conservative black suit. I still miss those shoes. :-)

Love your before and after project too. 90% off makes me giddy!

Kimba

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

absolutely adorable! What store did you find them?

AndreaLeigh said...

love the shoes and your pedicure looks great!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could trade in my slippers and wooly socks for some cute sandals right now. We're getting ready for an artic chill next week here in Wisconsin....can you say HI temps barely above zero??

Great post today! I'll be visiting your favorite blogs!

Em said...

irrevocably... that's a Twilight word ;) I love all your loves too... well MY family but I am sure your family is lovely haha!

Kim said...

I love your shoes!!! I'm a shoe addict too!

Nicole ~ said...

I love your new shoes, they are super cute. I live in Texas, so I know how you feel!! My favorite Sonic drink is the Cherry Limeaide Slush.

Your family looks so sweet!

Nicole~

AP Mommy said...

I love the addictions, very similar to my own :) Congrats on the award. Stopping over from SITS! Have a smurfy sunday!

megan said...

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!! You are too sweet!!! I feel special now. =) Sorry I didn't respond sooner, I have had a busy family weekend. I need to figure out how to put the award in my side bar! I feel blessed to know you !!! =) And what must it be like to live with perpetual summer? Hmm. Might be nice.
lUv,
Megan

Unknown said...

LOVE. THOSE. SHOES. I was well on my way to the Sonic addiction when we lived in Kentucky, probably a good thing we came home to Ohio before I developed a serious problem. Looking forward to checking out those links!

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

Hey ya'll! As always...thanks for your sweet comments. I got my funky fresh shoes from a local place called The Watermelon Patch. The brand is Yellow Box, but I don't think they sell them everywhere...it's a southern thang! I am sure you could google it and find a source. They also make THE cutest and most comfy flip flops.

Good Luck!
~Amanda

Anonymous said...

very cool list! I'm with you on the Sonic Happy Hour thing. My fix is a little different, though -- Diet Cherry Limeade!

Unknown said...

You had me at the shoes... but when I saw that sonic drink. I knew I loved you. Us Deep southern girls rock!

Emily said...

Cute shoes! I want some. Isn't it amazing the things us wifeys have to live with?

Mommynightowl said...

came over from sits. love love your new shoes. I can NEVER find shoes in my size so it always gives me a little shopping high when I find a great pair. And sadly I do not have a sonic nearby. Whenever we visit AZ we always stop at one, we love their tator tots, cherry limeaids and ocean waters.

Shannon said...

Congrats on your award and good list!!

Mandi Shandi said...

Love those slides. I have almost the same pair. My leopard ballet flats are my favorite right now. You can throw a little animal print with everything to make it fun!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin