Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Hiatus is OVER!



I bet you're all thinking I've packed up and quit blogging, right? Nope......just over-extended and lame! This last week has been a whirlwind of excitement and chaos and some sadness too. My sweet 4 year old who loves to talk and sing and play and learn, started pre-school. She's as happy as a clam and comes home bubbling over with excitement to tell me all about it! I had to take this picture of her blinged out school shoes......they are precious and soooooo her.


Remember the two quilted bags I teased you with and said I'd be back the next day to show you the finished product??? Yeah, obviously that didn't happen. But better late than never, right? I used the iron on vinyl sheets (from Expressions Vinyl) I told you about in this post, to
personalize this cute backpack. I love that it looks like it's machine embroidered. You'd never know the difference unless you really inspected it closely. My trusty cricut and this iron on vinyl are my new obsession!


This little hipster bag, I monogrammed for my Mom. If you know her well, then you know how much she loves a small black bag she can wear. I'm pretty sure she owns at least 74 of them.




This sweet lady and this precious man left this morning for an 18 month mission in Santiago, Chile. Their 5 children and their spouses, along with 17 grandchildren were all there to see them off. To say there were lots of tears and sadness would be an understatement, but more than that, there was abundant love and intense pride! I am so proud of my mom and dad. They are the best people I know. It was so hard to say goodbye to them today, but I am comforted with the knowledge that they are doing God's work and that they are in His hands.

ADIOS, Elder y Hermana Pack!!!



9 comments:

Draya Ann said...

Welcome back!!! LOVE that backback and those shoes. Think a 30 year old could pull them off?! :)

Nicola said...

Hey Amanda,

Great to see you back here in blogland, love the shoes, love the backpack, love the sentiments about your folks!
Just put in my first order with expressions vinyl, can't wait for it to get all the way downunder!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Cheers

Nicola

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Cute shoes! Who am I kidding? I want them for ME!!! I totally thought that bag was embroidered. Super sweet. I've been looking for something special like that for my little one. She doesn't have a backpack, but wants one really badly. You did a great job!

North of 25A said...

So nice to "see" you again! Congratulations on having a pre-schooler - bittersweet, isn't it? I am becomming obsessed with getting one of those Cricut vinyl cutting things thanks to your great projects.
Best,
Colleen

Ang said...

Your parents look awesome! They are going to be great in Chile! Everyone will love them!

Jodee said...

Welcome back! We must know where you got those adorable shoes! I love the backpack too!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Amanda,

Great back packs! My Logan starts pre-school on Monday, meet the teacher was yesterday, my heart is breaking a little bit...

Best wishes,
Tammy

Richella Parham said...

Amanda! How proud you must be of your parents!! 18 months is a long time to be in the mission field. Godspeed to them--and God keep all you kids and grandkids well while they're gone. I know you'll miss them!

Jen said...

Just found your blog, and love it! Your post really caught my eye, because I am a Pack (before marriage) too. Best of luck to your parents.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin