Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Fun With Feathers


I love me some feathers. I think they are the perfect accessory in home decor, as well as fashion!



My latest project began when I found this precious canvas clutch at Hobby Lobby. It comes from a new line called "Me & My Bag". They have aprons, purses, tote bags, bibs, and more. And to sweeten the deal, they are all half off this week. I paid $2 for the clutch.....what a steal!




I decided to use some feathers to gussy it up and make it a real show stopper.
{If your initials are HSM, please avert your eyes because it may or may not be a birthday gift.}




To make it a bit more versatile, I decided to add a pin to the back instead of gluing the feathers right onto the clutch. This way it can be used as an embellishment on the bag or be taken off and worn as a brooch. You could also add a clip to the back and use it in your hair too!




I think the end result is wicked cute!




These quilted bags are from the same line that's half off.....both less than $5 after the discount. Be sure and come back tomorrow when I show you what I'm doing with these beauties!




12 comments:

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Adorable! I can't even tell you how excited I am not that HL is coming to my town!!!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Love it!!! Such unique ideas you have!!! Jennifer @ lifeonoldsavannah.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Super Cute! And great buys!!

I know what you mean, I heart me some feathers!! :)

NanaDiana said...

Darling! Can't wait to see what you do with the other two! Diana

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

Love it! So cute & chic! I can't wait for Hobby Lobby to open up here!

Kristina P. said...

Those are so fun!

Charish said...

CUTE! Looks like I need to get myself to HL!

I'm a new reader and I ADORE everything you've done. I think I spent like 3 hours yesterday reading your older posts. Found you on Google when searching birthday party ideas for my soon-to-be-one year old. And I'm so glad I did!

Anonymous said...

sweet deal. love the feathers. where'd you find those?

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

So cute - not sure I could pull off feathers, though.

Tabitha said...

I've been reading your blog for a few months but haven't commented yet. I love all your ideas! I wish I had half of your creativity! I've gotten lots of great ideas from you, thanks!! LOVE the wooden spoon dolls-I'll definitely be making some of those with my daughter :)

BCraftie said...

I had no idea Hobby Lobby had these...going! I've been looking for some cute clutches to decorate! Thanks!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin