Wednesday, June 30, 2010

4th of July Inpsiration


Leave it to Martha to corner the market on beautiful and inspiring ideas for the 4th of July. While browsing her site looking for instructions on how to make pinwheels, I got sidetracked by these gorgeous photos. Makes me want to have a party just so I can decorate with all of her simply genius ideas! My absolute favorite is this centerpiece of paper fireworks stuck in mason jars full of sand.



I want to pack up and move into this picturesque gazebo.



Simple elegance!



These metal drink buckets would be super easy to make with my cricut and some white vinyl. I love the idea of flipping one over and stacking them to give it some height.




Reduce, reuse, and recycle all those cans you would otherwise throw away. Slap some cute scrapbook or wrapping paper on them and you have custom made partyware, sure to impress.




I want to build a picket fence just so I can hang this flag garland on it! Somehow, I don't think my husband is gonna go for that.




Layers of colored sand lend a splash of patriotic color to these simple votive candles.




And finally, I found a tute on how to make these adorable pinwheels. I made mine with 12 inch squares instead of these 5 inch ones, and attached them to dowels instead of clothespins. I plan to stick them in flower pots on the front porch. Unfortunately, we had bad weather today and zero good light to take pictures, so you'll have to come back tomorrow and see them. They are really big and super cute!



11 comments:

Alexis said...

So beautiful...my favorite holiday!

Jodee said...

I love all of these ideas!!

Richella Parham said...

These are adorable!!

Okay, I have a confession. I have never--not once!--been to Martha's site. Maybe I should make the trip and get inspired!

SarahJarnagin said...

Seriously, Martha has the most creative staff. They come up with the best stuff!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Martha! I just love to hate her. She's SO creative and inspiring...and I'm so envious. ;)

hizzle said...

I Love the 4th of July, and I'm so excited by these decorations! She's very creative!
I love the cupcakes!

Unknown said...

I love pinwheels and I love making them. I bet yours turned out super cute!

Nancy

The Wonderful World of Wampler said...

The 4th of July is one of my favorite holidays..... I hope you have a great holiday weekend.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

What fun ideas. So pretty! I can't wait to see your pinwheels.

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

How did the 4th sneak up on me so quickly..i have no decorations up at all...a gazebo is our dream along with the front porch, but I'll take either since I am NOt picky at all....lol. :)

Pam Walter said...

I love the fireworks also; the perfect (and simple) centerpiece! www.satisfiedsole.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin