Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Little Retail Therapy @ The Dollar Store

Last night I was going crazy and had to get out of the house by myself for a little while. As you know it's been sort of a crappy week! Well, nothin can make a thrifty girl feel better like a trip to the dollar store! Any boy oh boy, did I get some good stuff. Those little felt trees with the ball fringe made me feel all warm and fuzzy when I spied them. Now I wish I had a few more...they are just too darn cute. Seriously, I felt renewed when I left the store. Retail therapy is a wondrous thing. And it's even better when you don't have to spend a small fortune to get out of your funk! P.s. If you want some of those felt trees, you'd better get off your hiney and run because I don't think they'll last long.
Good Luck :-)


Ella Update :
Let me just say how much I appreciate each and every one of your heartfelt comments regarding baby Ella. It truly lifted my spirit. I feel so incredibly blessed to have met such wonderful friends. As of this morning Ella is about the same. She is stable and no worse, which is a good thing. The fact that they haven't done the surgery yet is a good thing too. She is being treated with antibiotics for an infection in her intestine. Unfortunately, all we can do is wait and see if this works. The waiting game is torture. They stopped all feedings and pumped everything out of her stomach. She looks kinda pitiful just laying there. Now you have to understand that for the last 6 weeks she has been a feisty little fighter every step of the way. She cannot stand to be wrapped...she wiggles out. She hates the C-PAP in her nose...she figured out how to pull it out. She despises being poked and pricked and prodded...she kicks those little legs at the nurses until they stop. So, seeing her little body so still and lethargic is tough. But I have to remind myself that she is just pooped. She feels yucky and is so darned tired...she needs to rest. And hopefully all this much needed rest, mixed with some good meds, and some special care will get her well real soon! I pray that her teeny tiny little body can heal on it's own and not need to undergo such an invasive surgery. Thank you to all of you who are sending your prayers up for Ella. I believe that the power of prayer is an amazing gift, and that it works. I know with all of my heart that our Father in Heaven hears and answers our prayers in His own way. What a blessing and a comfort that is!
Much Love ~ Amanda

15 comments:

Diane said...

Yay for the $1 store! Glad it made you feel a bit better.

Hang in there! Sending positive energy your way!

Valarie Lea said...

I am so glad that she is still fighting! I am praying for that and for comfort for your family :)

Ok off to the Dollar Store!

Nicolle said...

I picked up 2 of the red sparkly trees at Dollar Tree the other day, and cutest little nativity ceramic box. I love it! I can't find the felt trees though. I will keep looking.

I am glad you updated us on Ella. She has been on my mind since your post on Monday. I just cry when I think of her, but I feel thankful that God hears our prayers. She is continually in mine!

Unknown said...

I'm praying for baby Ella, your sister, you, the doctors and the family your sister has waiting at home. I'm so glad you've asked for prayers.....because God says when two or more are asking...it is given. Let's pray for wisdom for the doctors to give Baby Ella just the right treatment and for her to respond positively. Hang in there...you are an awesome sister!

PS: I'm glad you got to take a break and reward yourself with some treats from the Dollar Store. All your finds are cute! Be Blessed....Susan

Unknown said...

Way cute dollar store finds! I am glad it helped you feel better!

megan said...

Continuing to pray for little Ella. I have some friends praying for her too. May the Lord be her Streangth and Sheild.
Blessings,
Megan

AndreaLeigh said...

Those felt trees are adorable. Thanks for the update on baby Ella!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the update on Ella. Praise the Lord she is still stable.

What Dollar store did you get those cute trees at? Dollar Tree?

Mandi Shandi said...

Hey friend! So glad to hear Ella is still being a little champion, and I will keep her in my prayers.

I too think retail therapy is an amazing thing. I got those little trees at our dollar store a couple days ago, and love 'em.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I am going to the $1 store tomorrow, now I can't wait! Oh my, my heart just aches for all of you, especially Ella's Momma. I cannot even imagine. I just can't. I am praying for you all.

Paula said...

AHHH, May God lift you spirits and heal little Ella! Bless her little heart! Just said a quick prayer and I will add you and your family to our prayers!

Lindsay said...

I love those trees! Dollar Tree always makes me feel better when I can drop $20 bucks and get a ton! Im so happy that Ella is doing better! Yahoo!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I will definatly keep sweet Ella in my prayers. I truly believe that prayer moves the hand of God. And I will be lifting up your sister and your whole family. Please keep us updated.

SarahJarnagin said...

I'm still praying for Miss Ella. Sounds like she is a fighter!

Love your bargain finds! I wish I had a Dollar Tree! I cannot believe you found the cone trees and adorable felt trees there.

Nicolle said...

Hi. I just wanted to check in on baby Ella to see how she is doing. She is constantly in my prayers.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin