Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I (puffy) HEART After Christmas Sales!!!

I. LOVE. THIS. ELF! If I weren't already married...I'd marry this elf. Is he not the cutest thing ever? My very favorite gift shop that I NEVER actually purchase anything at had a bang up sale the day after Christmas. I was so excited I almost peed my pants. Seriously, I know there's something wrong with me, but it's true. I was giddy. I could hardly keep it under control. Every single thing that I had been drooling over all season was still there and it was half off! And luckily, my dear hubby knows me like the back of his hand. He gave me a wad of cold hard cash to spend for this very purpose (that's what I wanted for Christmas). Am I the only freakazoid who wigs out over Christmas stuff, even when Christmas is already done?


What do you think...elf on the hearth or elf on the mantel?
(tall cone trees = $3 @ Walmart...yippee skippee)


I visited these candle holders several times, but couldn't bring myself to buy them. I am so glad I waited. See how they match the metal presents on my mantel? And no, they are NOT orange, they're bright sparkly glittery red.
(NOTE TO SELF : Maybe you should have spent that wad of cash on a much needed new camera.)


I just about died when I spotted these huge glittery paper mache ornaments. I HAD to have them.


These little santa boots are just too cute. For 50 cents, I couldn't pass them up.



Yes, more ribbon for my ribbon obsession.
SCORE!



The other side says, NAUGHTY. But, I'm stickin' with NICE.
$1.25

And last, but certainly not least...my much needed new tree skirt. I love the simplicity of it. PRECIOUS.
You like how I used the air hockey table as a backdrop? Btw, we scored that treasure at a thrift store for 25 bucks. It's like new, it's electronic, it works...the kids love it! My 3 year old asks to play air honkey all day long! Oh my, how that child makes me laugh. Life would be so boring without her!
Guess what? I'm not planning on taking my Christmas decor down any time soon. I need a couple more weeks of it. I do this every year. I think I may have a problem. I'm addicted to Christmas. HELP. I do have a good excuse this year though. I'm hosting Book Club here on the 8th and I think it will be much more fun with a festively decorated home. Yeah, I know I'm reaching on that one, but I need an excuse to cover my crazy. So, bear with me. It's gonna look like Christmas vomited all over my house for a teensy bit longer. I'll try not to post anymore pictures of it. I'll try.

24 comments:

AndreaLeigh said...

I'm keeping my stuff up as well. In my defense, I just put it up the week before christmas. i love your funds. the candle holders are AMAZING!

Small House said...

How cute, and yeah for good deals. I come to your blog often but never leave a message. It's such a sweet place to visit.
Have a good day.

Small House said...

How cute, and yeah for good deals. I come to your blog often but never leave a message. It's such a sweet place to visit.
Have a good day.

Tardevil said...

No 2nd thoughts - you scored some great loot! I wish I could have gone with you! I might leave all of my decor up longer too! It feels like I just got it all up! If 2009 passes as quickly as 2008, we may as well just keep it up for next year! Now go play some air honkey! LOL!

kari and kijsa said...

Here's to a joyful Christmas and a Happy New Year!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

That Girl said...

I love after xmas sales too! I am new to your blog but I really enjoy your excitement!!

Shannon said...

Wow! You always get the best bargains! I like the elf on the hearth because I liked what you had on the mantel. BTW, I love that color of your walls!

Mandy said...

Wow, you scored!!! I am like you, I have a hard time releasing the Christmas back into the rubbermade boxes. Mine will stay up a little longer too!!!

Cassie said...

Those a great finds! Where did you score?

Unknown said...

I love that ribbon! After Christmas sales do RAWK!

Unknown said...

SCORE!!!! I don't like to pay full price for Christmas decorations since you can always score such good AFTER Christmas sales. Your colors are so fun....love the bright green and red! You did awesome in collecting more stuff for next year. Happy New Year!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I got some goooood stuff too, and I get giddy too!! You got some CAUUTE stuff lady! I love every single thing, especially those ornaments on the wall. I've been after Christmas shopping since Friday. (Every day. Shh.)

Valarie Lea said...

WOW!!!! That elf is awesome!!! I say Mantle!

{Rebecca Fellows} said...

Great stuff! Our tree gets put up VERY early. Two years ago it was up and decorated before Halloween. Thanks to my Christmas-crazy hubby! So I understand the addiction. ;)

LOVE the elf. I say mantle.

Callie Ann said...

You are so darling, so festive, so creative and SUCH a bargain shopper. You inspire me to do great things with my home, once I get one. :)

Erin said...

Keep your Christmas stuff up as long as you want - I put one Christmas thing up, so your decorations count for the both of us. I think that entitles you to an extended decoration period! Love you!

Jessica said...

I also heart after Christmas sales! I got some cute stuff and cant wait till next Christmas so I can put it all up! :) Your elf is adorable!! All of the stuff you got is sooo cute!!

Nancy Hood said...

I never ever do the day after Thanksgiving :) my daughter and I and now her mother in law always always always do the day after Christmas!! And I vote for the elf on the mantel!

Lacy said...

I love the Christmas spirit and decor. I love your tastw with the whimsy and traditional red and green. Great finds!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That elf does look like he belongs in your home. How much fun to find such good deals - yeah! PS - I love your tassels.
Laurel

megan said...

That sounds fun! I wish I could keep my decor up. =( Normally I do, but everthing is so chaotic with my husband laid up, that I took advantage of some extra help from my visiting family and packed it all away...ho hum. =)

jennifer said...

look at your loot! very impressive. i'm in love with the paper mache ornaments too.

nice work!

AndreaLeigh said...

You have an award at my blog! :)

Carol Beck said...

I also love after Christmas sales!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin