Thursday, December 4, 2008

Another Cheap Gift

Ok, I know it's nothing spectacular. Just a frame. But who doesn't use frames? In fact, I made this to take to a gift exchange tomorrow night at our annual Christmas Progressive dinner, but I changed my mind. It goes so nicely with my santa collection I decided to keep it for myself. I know...I am a terrible person.


These frames are $2.98 at WalMart. I spray adhesived scrapbook paper onto it, sanded the edges, rubbed on a little brown ink to distress it, and gave it 2 good coats of mod podge to seal it. I think I'll add a big fluffy bow to the top of the frame just to fuss it up a bit. This picture really doesn't do it justice. It's much cuter in person, if I do say so myself...and I do, and I will, and it is. So there.


12 comments:

Jodee said...

That turned out soooo cute. I would keep it too!

Valarie Lea said...

That is such a cute idea!!! I am going to do this one for sure!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

Another wonderful idea. And who wouldn't love to get a personal and handmade gift like this?
xo Lidy

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

So simple and cute. I've been looking for a Christmas frame to put our pic in every year. Duh...I'll just do this!! Hey, I linked to your page from mine now, just so you know.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Too cute! I love frames. It's a guilty pleasure. I'll have to try this instead of just painting all of my frames black. :)

Christi @ Writing the Waves said...

I'm working on some similar frames right now in my dining room! I hope you'll post a picture of the "dressed up" frame after you add the bow...I've been playing with a bow on one of mine, and can't get it to look just right! :)

the voice of melody said...

That's a great idea! The frame looks just fabulous. :)

Mandi Shandi said...

Hey girl! I just wanted to let you know I am working on another clipboard and the spray adhesive worked much better, and it is not bubbling near as bad. I had a genius idea (maybe not genius, but atleast it was original). I am gonna make a couple of these little clipboards and put magnets on the back of them so they could stick on the fridge or filing cabinet. What do you think?

Lindsay said...

Love it girl!

kari and kijsa said...

Too cute!!

blessings,
kari & kijsa

Unknown said...

WAY CUTE! At first I thought you painted it but what a great idea about using paper!

Trina said...

Love this idea, thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin