Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Paper Bag Calendar and Scrapbook

I taught a class on how to make these a while back. It was a huge success, but I never finished mine. I found all the unassembled pieces in the bottom of a drawer today and decided to finally finish it...2 years later. Apparently, I forgot some of my own instructions. I got a little ribbon happy and just kept tieing them on to my little heart's content. I LOVE ribbon. I have bags full of it. It makes me happy. So, anyway...as you can see in the picture below, the pages will not turn.

I will either have to remove some of that loverly ribbon or tear off each month as it passes. Which by the way, I ran out of calendar pages and never made more copies. Just when I thought I was finished...nope. Another half done, wonky project. Tell me why you people keep coming back? I am so pathetic sometimes. And I'm not ashamed of it, because I keep posting all of my failed projects. I ask again...why are you here? P.s. ...I love that you are here. I adore each and every one of my new friends!

This is the paper bag scrapbook. Very easy, but very time consuming. Great inexpensive gift!




Every other page has a little cubby for momentos, journaling, pictures, whatever strikes your fancy.



This is the same thing, only dolled up for Christmas. I did not include a tutorial for these because I didn't know if anyone would be interested. If you are, let me know. I'll be glad to post them!

11 comments:

megan said...

Those are very cute! I like 'em. And I love your finds from shopping on the last post. Wonderful!! I love Christmas!! Keep posting crafts, they are so inspiring!

Jodee said...

Those are both sooo cute!

Music Mama said...

Who can blame you for your love of ribbon? I mean, really, is there such thing as too much? Darling as always--wonky is good :)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

If you are anything like me...you should keep it and one day the PERFECT fix will come to your mind. It will hit you how to use all that ribbon and still turn the pages. :) I think those are adorable!

Lindsay said...

Cute! Cute! Cute! I myself have an unfinished paper bag scrapbook.

Sara Beth said...

I would love the tutorial on both of these. I am gearing up to start making our handmade gifts. Thanks so much! SB

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Hi hi hi! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog. I've got to tell you, I geeked out when I read your profile. Everything about making your home a haven, and the perfectionism thing. Girl, you're singing my song! I've gone through and read so many of your posts. You are a definate new fave blog of mine!!

I made a paperbag scrapbook for my sister's wedding shower. She loved it. :) Yours is great! Hope you are having a great Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

CUTE.... I adore the ribbons you used.

Em said...

Super cute! I need to try this :)

Unknown said...

Wow, what a cute, fun idea! How creative is that!

Em said...

Nope, I didn't have the bedding made. I actually saw it on another blog and asked where the girl got it and she told me that it was a discontinued JcPenny set but she found it on ebay... sure enough, I found it on Ebay too! It has a super cute crib skirt too but my friend took it to match colors for some things she is making me. I'll post another picture of it when she gives that back!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin