Sunday, November 23, 2008

Fairhope, AL...Weekend Getaway

Oh mY gOodNeSs!!! Can I tell ya'll how much I missed you? Apparently I am completely addicted to blogging and need a 12 step program and some therapy. I was without a computer or internet for all of 2 1/2 days and was a basketcase. Don't get me wrong...this was probably the best weekend I've had in years. Hubs and I took a weekend trip to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary, and it was FANTABULOUS! While we were gone, I realized that we hadn't been away together without kids since our honeymoon...pitiful and pathetic. Anyhoo, we had such a nice, relaxing, low key time, BUT...the whole time I was thinking about ya'll and wanted to share my fun trip and fun finds with ya! Obviously, I took my blogging withdrawl and turned it into a frenzy of shopping. Above you see my haul. Most of it is mine, but there are a few treasures that the hubster found for himself. (i.e., the GINORMOUS salt and pepper grinders...what can I say, the man loves his condiments. What you don't see are the 3 jars of different flavored sea salt and spicy brown mustard. Hey, whatever makes him happy. He was such a trooper lugging around all my bags and schlepping around every single store that caught my eye. I felt I owed him, he worked for it.) So, it probably looks like I spent a small fortune, but you should know me better than that by now. 90% of that crap came from Sister Julie's Resale Shop, Dollar Tree, and Big Lots. Seriously, I have a problem. I travel 3 hours to this quaint little out of the way town with beautiful shops and specialty boutiques, and what do I do? First, I spend the ENTIRE day walking the downtown, perusing those great shops, and dreaming of lots and lots of cash. Then we get in the car, drive to Big Lots, fill our cart, and three hours later head for our Bed and Breakfast. And we loved every second of it.

This is part of our Big Lots cache. Hubs cannot wait to hang the 1500 icicle lights on the house this week! What a guy.

Dollar Tree rarely disappoints. Thanks Joy, for the heads up on those cute little trees. As for the vintagey typewriter, phone, sewing machine, and camera...I have a tasseling project in mind for those!

God bless Sister Julie and her resale shop. I think we were there for at least 12 hours. We also got an electronic air hockey table for the boys for Christmas, but it's hiding out in the "man cave" (garage).

And last, but not least...my splurges. Basically, I went in the cutest store I could find, found the most inexpensive, cutest things I saw and went hog wild (which translates to, nothing in this photo was over 11.99). I know...big spender. That's just how we roll. The picture does these babies no favors. They are so precious and sparkly in real life. I cannot wait to use them to their full potential.


Happy Anniversary Babe! I am so glad I married my best friend. I love you!!!
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo ~ Amanda

17 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Great stuff. We hardly leave our kids, but when we have (one time in 10 years) we love it.

Shannon said...

What a haul!! I need to go to Big Lots! I love everything you got and can't wait to see it all put out!

Unknown said...

You SCORED! Both in the shopping trip AND the husband...you're a lucky, lucky woman! I LOVE Big Lots too and ended up there on Sunday. I can always wander the aisles and get tons of ideas. I bought some of those lights that you got. Check back in a few days and see what I've done with them.

Have a blessed week!

Unknown said...

What a great weekend. What great stuff you found! Happy Anniversary!

AndreaLeigh said...

Sounds like an amazing weekened! you got some seriously good loot, too!

Em said...

I love the big glittery candy and packages! Great score! And I feel ya... 12.00 is a SPLURGE for me too! Those darlings are sure worth it though!

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! Love all of your cute finds. Lucky you - your husband enjoys hanging the outdoor lights! Mine will do it, but he won't enjoy it.
:) Glad you are back!

Emily said...

Cute Stuff. My hubby and I have been married 11 years too. Did you get that little typewriter at DollarTree? If so, where in the store? Sooo cute.

Emily said...

Cute Stuff. My hubby and I have been married 11 years too. Did you get that little typewriter at DollarTree? If so, where in the store? Sooo cute.

Emily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandi Shandi said...

Hey girl! Just had to check on you and see what you've been doing, I knew it would be fabulous! I was also out of town this weekend, and went into blog withdrawal!I was with the kids in tow, so your weekend looting was a lot more successful. Congrats on the anniversary. I also married my best friend and am so blessed. LOVE the ribbon holder too. I'll have to send you a tutorial I found for a really cute one I know you would love.

Unknown said...

So I noticed your question about the candycanes and lollipops. I just drew the candy canes free hand and my husband cut them out with a jig saw. They are just cut out on 1/4 inch particle board I had left over in my garage. The lollipops, I used a round tupperware bowl for a template and bought some dowls and drilled a hole in them for the sticks. Very easy. I hope they turn out when I paint them. Hope I helped! Let me know if you have anymore questions!

Tamara Jansen said...

Well, first of all, happy anniversary! You are a lucky gal if your husband is willing to shop with you, that's for sure.

Secondly, I just love that last picture of those boxes.....are they ornaments? How about the faux candy things.....ornaments as well?

Very cool.

Valarie Lea said...

Where did you stay in Fairhope???? We were down there in Oct and stayed at The Grand. We got an awesome deal, or else we would not have been there. I fell in love with the place and cannot wait to go back.

You got some awesome stuff! Can't wait to zsee what you do for the tassels. :)

Tardevil said...

Happy Anniversary! And I was just coming over to tell you what a pretty young thing you were in your photo (don't worry, I'm straight!), and then I figured you must be in your early 30s with kids & a hubby & all (I'm 42), so I felt better because you can't be as young as I thought you were(like 23 in the photo!) It amazes me when all the young 20-somethings have figured out this blogging thing & it's taken me this long. I love all your Big Lots & Dollar Tree stuff. Guess I haven't been there in a while b/c I haven't seen any of that good stuff! Have a great Thanksgiving!

Lindsay said...

What great finds!! I'm so happy you had a good week end away. Happy Anniversary! You two are so cute!

LouLou said...

OK, yes, I'm stalking you....Had a little alone time after hanging my new DOOR and started browsing... As soon as I saw Sister Julie's I KNEW that was when you came to my town!!! I love me some Sister Julie's!!! I wish you could remember what the cutest shop was...I betcha it was the Picture Show...Was it small....long and narrow?? That's where my mom works. That's where I get 20% off on EVERY purchase. Score. I love knowing that you've been here....just hate we weren't buds then...You HAVE to come back!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin