Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Quatrefoil Garbage Can




Has anyone, besides me and my cheap self, noticed how outrageous the prices of bathroom garbage cans are??? I absolutely refuse to pay 20-40 dollars for a tiny little can for my bathroom when the giant trash can in my kitchen didn't even cost that.....seriously! So, what's a thrifty gal to do? Well, she waits for a good deal to sneak up on her. About a month ago I stumbled upon this white ceramic beauty at Target for $3.74, perfection! I was thrilled to have found this classic white can with a beautiful shape and nice weight.




Nice, but I think we can do better.




Enter my ever trusty Cricut, some grey vinyl, and the Sure Cuts a Lot software. I got a free svg file of this beautiful quatrefoil pattern from my sweet friend, Jenn at Tatertots and Jello. I imported it into my SCAL program and off I went to cut my vinyl. So easy and soooooo cute.....I LOVE it! Have I mentioned that I am completely and utterly addicted to cutting vinyl with my cricut? You can do sooooooooooo much with it. The possibilities are endless.




Click here for the link to the svg file, and here is the quatrefoil stencil that you can print out and use, if you don't have a cricut and scal software. Quatrefoil is an absolutely gorgeous pattern.....very graphic and oh so chic! I've stenciled it onto an artist's canvas, scrapbook paper, canvas dropcloth fabric, and now cut quatrefoil vinyl!!!! I can hardly stand how cute it is! If I had a money tree, I would love to do a whole wall with this pattern in vinyl. Yes, I could stencil it.....but let's be honest, I am way too lazy and way too impatient for all that! Having my Cricut cut the pattern out of vinyl is so much easier! Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to look for a money tree.




20 comments:

Katie said...

I have GOT to get me one of those Cricuts!! It's almost too cute for trash now :).

Staci said...

I am still scared of my cricut. Like seriously, shamefully terrified. It has seen the light of day exactly twice and both times were disasters. The stuff you create with it us amazing!

Anonymous said...

Love what a little cut vinyl can do! And yes, I am always surprised at the prices of those little cans!

Richella Parham said...

VERY cute. And $3.74 for a trash can sounds more like it! I agree with you--$30 for a tiny trash receptacle is too much. Now your design is what's too much! Love it.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Love it! The most chic trash can I've ever seen, and that's saying something. When you find that money tree, please send me a branch so I can root some.

Amanda @ Healthy House on the Block said...

Love, Love LOVE this! Who would have ever thought that a garbage can could be absolutely ADORABLE!?! It turned out fantastic, Amanda! :)

Anonymous said...

absolutely beautiful...when I first saw the picture I said "no way"...but yes way with the cricut..it amazes me what you do with the cricut. I really trying to utilize mine more and more, especially with gifts..they become so expensive!

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

Haha! I hear ya on the price of teeny nothing garbage cans. I'd rather throw everything into a plastic baggie hanging out of a drawer...well, not really but you know. Lol! Love your new one though! So cute & chic! :-D

Stephanie said...

What a great deal you got on that! So true about the cost of those little trash cans! Love what you did with it, just so stylin.

Rhiannon said...

I am such a sucker for this design! Im drooling and oh my its just a garbage can!

jen said...

I here ya, it just makes me angry! Way to fight the system! LOL that is plain adorable!

luvs and glitter
~jen

Melissa said...

Hey There Amanda! This is Melissa Miller (Knapp now). Remember me???
I came across your blog while making some crafts and of course I didn't know it was yours until I saw your parents! I was so surprised and happy to see them doing well. I would love to hear more about their mission!!!

I love your blog and I am so excited to get in touch again!
I have a blog too, so you can see my family these days if ya'd like! :)
So glad I found you! ;)

Victoria @ Frankfully said...

I love this! You are so inspiring! I want to get out my Cricut right now! And who knew I would be so excited about re-vamping trash cans!! :)

NanaDiana said...

I am ashamed to say that I never even knew what a cricut was until I came to Blogland. I have to do a little more research into it. Like I need one more thing to get "hooked" on- lol Diana

Envymycooking said...

we just love your blog! so cute

Ches said...

Im seeing soooo many projects using the cricut, ive got to get one!

LissaB said...

Ok, I sooo thought this was a planter! Then I had a great idea :) Drill a hole or two in the bottom and use it as a cachepot or heck, plant right in it. Woohoo!

smiling, fe said...

I used dollar tree trash cans (they are plastic and wide assortment of colors with matching accessories) and contact paper. I will never get rid of these "trashed" cans. Also, for continuity, I used same-size trash cans in each bath room. I used same pattern with different contact paper.
Btw- is this blog still active? I just now stumbled upon it.

smiling, fe said...

I used dollar tree trash cans (they are plastic and wide assortment of colors with matching accessories) and contact paper. I will never get rid of these "trashed" cans. Also, for continuity, I used same-size trash cans in each bath room. I used same pattern with different contact paper.
Btw- is this blog still active? I just now stumbled upon it.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin