Friday, September 10, 2010

Falling into Fall!



Even though the temperatures around here are still in the 90's, I am chomping at the bit to start decorating for fall! I love the colors, the tastes, the smells, and the feel of autumn in the air. So, I decided to get a jump start on the season and pull out some of my fall decor! Last year I put this wreath together with things I already had and picked up a few things here and there at Hobby Lobby. Instead of using it on my front door, I thought it would look nice on the brick above my mantel. I feel like I can enjoy it more here, rather than outside.




I got these lovely topiary forms at a yard sale for 25 cents last year and never got around to re-making them. They were covered in this awful orangey moss and an abundance of fakey fake orange and yellow leaves. Ummmmmmm, no thank you! After, I stripped them down to bare bones, I hot glued a feather boa around each tree form. A cheap and easy makeover.




I don't know how I feel about them, though. They're looking a bit like I wrapped kitty fur around them. My 10 year old actually laughed out loud when he saw them! Uhhh, thanks?






As you can see, I did a whole lot of moving and shuffling and tweaking in the process of putting my fall mantel together. I think I like this way the best......for the next 20 minutes anyway! Things are constantly moving and changing around this house. It's a sickness I have. Hi, my name is Amanda and I'm a tweaker!


Visit thecsiproject.com



22 comments:

Val said...

I love it! Fall decor is so welcoming!!

DrayaAnn said...

I think I might be inclined to pet them if I saw them in person, but they look super cute!

Jessi said...

I love that wreath! Gorgeous. And I really liked the boa feather topiaries until you mentioned the kitten fur...now that's all I can think about!

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

I love it all!!!!!

Andrea said...

I tweak too. Do you have any meds you can share?

Leo said...

Great wreath!!! Love it.

Leo said...

Great wreath!!! Love it.

Richella Parham said...

Hiya tweaker. You should feel good that you're among friends!

I really like your wreath! I think it looks lovely and fallish--and you're right; you'll enjoy a lot there over your lovely fall mantel.

It's starting to cool off in North Carolina. . . maybe Mississippi will cool off soon. :)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

So fun! I love the pop of turquoise in the middle. Beautiful!

I just put out my Fall decorations yesterday :)

xox
Jen

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

I like your mantel! You are so good at vignettes. I am not. At all. I need major help.

Kenzie said...

Love all of it! I love fall too, but am having a hard time letting go of summer! But it's time for a change around here, I might have to drag all of the fall stuff out!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I've been trying to get my mantel decorated for fall all week. Maybe this weekend. I like yours. Wrapped in kitty fur...hahaha!

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

I LOVE the feather boa topiaries! They're soooo cute!

NanaDiana said...

Well, I was kinda digging those boa wrapped topiaries until you said they looked like kitty cat fur....and now I can't shake that image. I guess..if you think of them as Halloween cats? lol

Don't you hate it when the kids laugh at something we have done? Like THEY know what looks good!

I like your mantle though and you are way ahead of me this year. I haven't dragged out the first Fall thing yet. Blessings- Diana

Jules said...

I really like the topiaries! And I'm not even a cat fan ... Now you've got me all excited for fall decorating!

Krista@RustikChic said...

I am a tweaker too!! Your wreath is beautiful and I love the overall look...very nice.:)

Unknown said...

This autumn look sure seems to be filling the blogosphere, and it does look wonderful on your stone mantle. I came across your post this afternoon while browsing interior design blogs and your take on interior décor is exquisite. Are there any window treatments that would look good with this fall decor? It is true that you must dress your windows appropriately to bring out their true beauty. Thank you for writing and as a special thanks to you and your readers, I would like to offer a 20% off coupon using this code upon checkout: BLG20.

Birney Biron said...

If your Key got stuck in a home lock out due to a spring malfunction. Immediately called our locksmith service provider and we will be at your place half-hour later. Quickly assessed the situation, grabbed his tools and voila, and the rest was a door opening in minutes.

Oscar said...

I would like to thank Ultimate Life Clinic for reversing my father's Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). My father’s ALS condition was fast deteriorating before he started on the ALS Herbal medicine treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic. He was on the treatment for just 6 months and we never thought my father will recover so soon. He has gained some weight in the past months and he is able to walk with no support. You can reach them through there website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com

شركة المثالي سوبر said...


شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالخفجي

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالنعيرية

شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالقطيف

Unkonwn said...

ن العبوات الزجاجية هي خيار شائع وفعال لتخزين المنتجات الدوائية الحساسة للضوء والحرارة. وتستخدم على نطاق واسع في صناعة الصيدلة والعلاجات الطبية والتجميلية. ومع استمرار تحسين التكنولوجيا، فإن شركات تصنيع العبوات الزجاجية تعمل باستمرار على تطوير العبوات الزجاجية لتلبية متطلبات السوق وتحسين الأداء والأمان.

Kit Charles said...

"I wanted to take a moment to express my appreciation for the incredible work put into this blog. The author's ability to make complex topics accessible and interesting is truly a gift. Thank you for making learning such an enjoyable experience!"
dressvy discount code

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin