Sunday, April 11, 2010

Online Shopping Disaster...Happy Ending

Remember the other day when I was ranting and raving about the hideousness of my new light fixture from Overstock? Well, guess who got an e-mail from Overstock's Customer Relations Department.....that would me be and my mortified self, thank you very much! At first I was embarrassed about what I had said, then I was flabbergasted that they had found my piddly little blog, and then my failing faith in customer service was restored! Not only did they apologize for the misrepresentation of the item, they actually enjoyed reading about my experience, and complimented my blog! Ummmm...hello? And on top of that they compensated me with a free year membership to Club O. I am astounded with the customer service I received and I will recommend Overstock to everyone I know. They are obviously a wonderful company who really care about customer satisfaction. That does not happen everyday. Unfortunately, good customer service seems to have become a privilege rather than a right in most cases....but not with Overstock. They have exceeded my expectations and I will continue to be a faithful shopper with them! And for your reading pleasure, here is our conversation, ENJOY ........




Overstock.......

Dear Amanda,

I am writing to you on behalf of the Executive Offices of Overstock.com concerning the blog about the sconce you recently purchased. I enjoyed reading about your experience.

I am delighted to hear that you will continue to shop with us, even though the sconces gave you the “heebies.” As a token of our appreciation, I have added a free one-year membership in our Club O. Club O entitles you to 5% off everything you buy and free shipping on each order.

Please let me know if there is anything I can ever assist you with and I’ll be happy to help. Thank you again for your enjoyable blog and continued patronage.


Sincerely,
Executive Customer Relations
Overstock.com





Me.......

Thank you so much for theClub O membership...that is awesome. I really do LOVE shopping with overstock. However, I am mortified that you read my post on the light fixture. It was the truth, but I am a bit embarrased now! Whew...I'm so relieved I added that last paragraph stating how much I loved the "O", regardless of this one experience. Thanks for understanding and for your generosity.



ME Again......

Dear Landis,

The more I think about this, I have one question...is this a joke???

:)
Amanda




Overstock.....

Dear Amanda,

This is definitely not a joke. Please don’t be embarrassed. It’s us that should be embarrassed that you got something other than what we stated on the website.

I subscribe to Google Alerts for Overstock.com and your blog came up. I appreciate your honesty. The Club O is my way of making things up to you and to show you we appreciate your business.

Please feel free to contact me for anything.


Sincerely,
Landis
Overstock.com

37 comments:

Unknown said...

I got a quite the giggle out of this post! That truly is great customer service, and you're right ... it's so rare these days!

Kari said...

That is AWESOME!!! Who would've thought?! I'm glad you used your blog as an outlet for your frustration, it definitely paid off ;)

Paula@SweetPea said...

Talk about great customer service! You just never know who will find and read your blog.

Willow said...

That is awesome! I love good customer service!! I also love the monogram frame you made and mailbox redo. I have a Cricut Expressions but not sure about what Sure Cuts A Lot is. Do you mind filling me in a little? Thanks so much!

Heather Henderson said...

how awesome is that? Makes me want to shop with them :)

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

First of all that is awesome, Amanda! I think that their contacting you regarding your post is definitely customer service you do not see anymore. I figured they must have a Google alert to find all Overstock mentions.

You shouldn't be embarrassed anyway. You had an experience you wanted to share and it would have been just as if you did a "review" on an item at the company's website. Plus, you did say you wouldn't let this one experience mar your shopping with them in the future. I'm more likely to look to them for something now, knowing that you are still a happy Overstock customer AND knowing that they have exceptional customer service.

Nicole said...

Wow! I am impressed! I was on their website last night. That's customer satisfaction for sure!

Ashley said...

Fantastic customer service.

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

That is awesome, and funny, and cringeworthy, and fabulous all at the same time!!! :) Maybe if I post a long rant about the dimwits in Target's photo booth, Target will send me a $5000 gift card. ;) ;)

Crafty In Carolina Stamper said...

Wowzers! That is awesome! I love Overstock and have never had a bad experience when I've shopped with them. That amazes me that they went above and beyond an 'I'm sorry you didn't like your product'!! Shows they really care about their customers satisfaction. Overstock.com rocks =)

House Queen said...

How funny! But...I too would have felt a little mortified! It all turned out great though! I guess it pays to speak your mind! Hope you have a great sunday sweetie! xoxo

Tammy@InStitches said...

That is great customer service. I love overstock too !

Angie said...

What a great experience! I wish more stores would care about there customers as overstocks does!

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

*giggle*

I love that they found you first! This is a great testimony for their site. I have never actually ordered anything from them but my mom has. She has never had any problems.

Unknown said...

As they say "All good things come to those who wait... OR COMPLAIN" ha ha! JK... that is awesome free shipping and 5% off.. woo hoo THAT IS EXCITING. When and if you would like stop by my blog and enter my GlamGirl Giveaway! Have a great sabbath. Jenn

Heather said...

That is so awesome! I love, LOVE good customer service, and it is so very rare these days, unfortunately. I had the same type of unexpected experience with Cuisinart once, so now I will be forever faithful to Cuisinart products. Thanks for sharing this with everyone - - although I have never ordered from Overstock before, I've always wanted to, and now I definitely will!

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

That is so funny! Wow - really cool. I really like overstock too. I am glad they came through!

That is awesome!

XOXO
Jen

Ang said...

That's awesome Amanda. Sounds like what happened when Virgin America destroyed Jack's brand new car seat - I blogged about it (and how they said they wouldn't replace it) and suddenly they called and wanted to replace it. I love the internet.

Grace @ Sense and Simplicity said...

Now that's impressive customer service.

ClassyGal said...

Wow, that's great! Thanks for sharing!

Keri said...

How funny! Maybe I should buy something so I can get a free membership. :)

Jodee said...

No flippin' way! What a HOOT!!!

Sarah said...

Oh my, that's the craziest thing ever. I can't believe they read your post! Thanks for sharing your funny story with us... I thought that kinda thing only happened to me!!! ;>
God's blessings,
Sarah :D

Anonymous said...

Awesome, now if only they can rub off on the other industries.

I laughed at how you thought it was a joke.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Love Love LOVE Overstock! That's awesome that they went out of there way. It's so refreshing to hear that about businesses nowadays.

Seizing My Day said...

That is So um... funny! =) You definitely took the high road on the other post when you were sharing your 'disaster'! I read it that day... but something interrupted and I didn't make it to the last paragraph or comments! Crazy that they found your blog and reached out! hm! crazy!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Amanda, so glad to hear you got such a positive response from Overstock, as they are one of my fave online shopping sources too. I have bought many things from them.

Thanks for stopping by & for your sweet words. I wish we could ALL go yardsaling together!

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

Haha! That's awesome!!! I can imagine how mortifying it was at first but it's so great to hear that they care so much about customer service. :-)

Nadir @ Hodgepodge said...

Haha! That's awesome!!! I can imagine how mortifying it was at first but it's so great to hear that they care so much about customer service. :-)

Kenzie said...

I am so jealous! Yay for you!!!

Leslie said...

That's awesome! What a great ending!

Jami said...

Awesome! I have been nothing but pleased with them, so I was kind of white knuckling it for a minute there. I am glad it all worked out.

Breeana said...

Hahaha! Well that was very nice of them.

Ginny said...

That is great! I totally can feel for you on your emotions over it, lol. Great customer service. I had a terrible experience with Amazon one Christmas & they could have cared less how much I told people about it. I guess super big companies don't care, I have come across that with Amazon, Ebay & Target. Overstock is pretty big in my opinion, so that is super cool that they look for what people are saying & willing to do what they can to make customers happy!

Pam Walter said...

I have done some shopping on Overstock.com and will definitely do more, now that I see how focused they are on customer satisfaction! www.satisfiedsole.com

jade said...

then I'm just going to own my crazy ways and embrace it. Because that's how I roll and I'm good like that. vinyl cut lettering online

RoseMarry said...

Buying used car online also offers the best car prices to the buyer.Used Suzuki Swift Cars

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin