Thursday, May 28, 2009

Nester's Lampapalooza 2009!

Ok, y'all know I love me some ribbon, right? Well, guess what I love just as much?
LAMPS.
Big lamps
small lamps
fancy lamps
plain lamps
Pretty much all lamps!

They can be the crowning jewel to any room. I LOVE to add big fat lush ribbon to really make them feel special. And if you want your lamp to get a big ol' boost of confidence...pin on a brooch. P.S...they sell them at Hobby Lobby just like this, all dolled up, for big bucks. But I'm here to tell you that you can fashion you own creation for much less. Be on the lookout at yard sales and thrift stores for neutral shades that can be embellished and pretty shapes of lamp bases. It doesn't matter what color they, as long as they have a beautiful shape. You can easily spray paint them ANY color you want. And when you get tired of them...spray paint them again with no guilt or regret. Don't be afraid. It's your home...do what you love...love what you do!



You can dress them up
OR...



You can dress them down.


You can leave them plain so that they cast an eerie glow on your fantabulously fun Halloween decor! (I soooo can't wait for October to roll around.)


Or you could hot glue some leftover trim on there and pin on a vintage brooch.



Nope, changed my mind...I think I like it in the middle better.



Personalize a plain white shade with a little ribbon glued on the edges and a scrapbook flower and button in the middle.



Take a plain paper shade from Ikea and customize it to match your nursery with leftover fabric.


Then cram all the extra stuff in a closet for a rainy day. Let's see...there's 2 brass lamps ready to be painted, 3 extra shades you bought for a song on clearance at Lowe's (less than a dollar each), crystal chandelier candle holder thingy from a yard sale, spinning Buzz Lightyear lamp, and the most adorable denim drum shade that is waiting on one of those brass lamps to be painted. Ok, now that I see it all, I think I might have a problem. Like I said before...I love lamps.
Now head on over to Nester's Lampapalooza Party and check out some more lamp inspiration.

35 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Really cute ideas Amanda! Love the glitter pins.

I haven't heard from you in sooo long. I hope all is well with you. I'm still enjoying my precious new "Sweet" sign.

Have a wonderful day.
~Melissa :)

Just Me said...

Now my mind is just whirling with possibilities! I have some old lamps I was gonna take to Salvation Army! NOT NOW!

Thanks for some great ideas!

Faye said...

Amamda,These are beautidul. You are so talented girl.Hope you have a great day! Blessings, Faye

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Are you a lamp fetish girl? ;) I love the way you embellished with brooches! That really adds a little somethin' somethin'! I am going to have to give it a try! :) Good post...this should be featured on Nesting Place!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

YOU ARE AWESOME!! Seriously, can I say it again? SO cute. The best part is your treasure closet. Yes, I can tell you love some yard sale finds as well. I have one (or more) of those closets. That's a goal is to get them cleaned out this summer. :)

Jennifer @ Her Southern Charm said...

LOVE your Halloween decor mantle!! That is my fave holiday. I just may have to save that picture for inspiration! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your fabulous lamps! I think my favorite idea is wrapping them with ribbon. So cute!

Richella Parham said...

Oh, so cool. What a great display of your lamps--and especially of your creativity! Thanks for sharing all these cool ideas.

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

I love lamps too! You have some really great ideas, thanks for sharing!!

Clean and Classic Interiors said...

I just altered a lamp as I write - inspired by your first lamps! I'm adding them to my post right now! Thank you! Gorgeous lamps!

Kristina P. said...

You seriously have the best lamps.

And you can donate whatever you would like. You can do a gift card, or just one item. Completely up to you. Whatever you feel comfortable with.

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

I love them all!

Unknown said...

My jaw literally dropped. (Picking it up now.) Those are amazing! And the brooch trick? Ahhhhh I love it!

The Bliss Journey said...

Great ideas. I love the ribbon and the brooch. I have boxes of costume jewelry from my Mom. I'll have to get busy.
Kathleen

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

You have done amazing things with your lamps! I love them and I want to play in your closet of mixed matched lamp parts! That looks like fun! I have a plain white lamp that I'm going to do some magic on. I just have to figure out my walls first! :-)

Great post Amanda!

~Kim

Allidink said...

Great lamp improvements! :) I like the broaches.

All the best,
Allison

Anonymous said...

The ribbon around the lampshades if fabulous. I also really, really, really love those aqua urns!

Kristen, pajama mama said...

Amanda, you could write for Dr. Suess!

And LOVE that g-sale find for your daughter room-the crystal chandy! Love it!

Sherrie said...

So many great ideas! Love the broach trick :0)
~Sherrie

edie said...

They're all beautiful, but I love the first set; they have their 'day' look and their 'night' look. I love 'em all dressed up!

Unknown said...

I love the ribbons and especially how you put the brooches in the middle
Great job!:)

~ ~ Ahrisha ~ ~ said...

Love the brooch and the ribbons. How'd you get so clever? Very nice to meet you~ ~Ahrisha~ ~

Unknown said...

Very creative! Looks like you have lots of creativity left for your 'stash' lamps too.

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Look at all those fun lamps! So creative! :-)

Jadehollow said...

Hi Amanda ..
Thanks for dropping by.. Love all the changes you made to your lamps. I just love these kinda parties.. I get sooooooo many great ideas! Thanks for sharing yours.
Hugs,
Debbie

Little Lovables said...

great ideas! I love your display with the birdcage and that huge bow!

Ashley @ AshleysBusy said...

I love pretty dressed up lamps, so sweet! The one with the flower on it is super cute. It's crazy that I only recently thought to add things to lamps beside trim...duh, tying a ribbon around it is easy and beautiful ;)

Vanessa said...

Thanks for checking out my lamp. Love all of yours! Got some great ideas! Stop by again sometime!
Vanessa

Elizabeth said...

cute lamps! I love the ribbon and flower--that would look perfect in a little girl's room!

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

OK, tell me where you got that big fat ribbon. I think about your big fat ribbon all the time, I'm not kidding. I want some, and I bought lamps I'm going to redo and that big fat...sorry...it would be perfect!!

Vanessa Greenway said...

Wow! You've got a viarety of cute lamps!! My favorite were those with a bow, simply chic! Love it!
Have a great weekend! Vanessa

Mrs. Jones said...

Looks amazing! I have a brooch, now I need to get me some pretty ribbon. Thanks for the tips.

~Heather

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

It all looks fantastic! I feel inspired! My post had lamp shades with the plastic still on because I KNEW they were not quite right...wrong color and I paid full price! They are going back TODAY!

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

So that was you that has the lamps I've seen everywhere? Didn't The Nester proclaim you and your lamps a winner of some kind? I'm so in love with the top two. Great job!!!

Kelli said...

I'm spending my morning reading through your archives and tagging almost every other page as something to add to my 'to do' list. Umm, thanks for that, yeah, okay. Anyway...the first thing I'm going to do is put some big ribbon bows on two living room lamps. What a fabulous idea! Somehow the neutral colors are taking over the living room and, while these two lamps are lovely...well, they could use some work. A big, fluffly ribbon bow around these lamps would serve two purposes. Thanks for the great idea!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin