Saturday, December 27, 2008

Tassels RAWK!

I am officially now obsessed with making tassels. These are my very first ones, and I LOVE them. It was hard to give them away as Christmas gifts. I made it easier on myself by giving them to my favorite person in the whole wide world...my Mom! I never know what to get her. What do you get the woman who has everything and pays pennies for her fabulousness??? Well, I'll tell ya...a tassel...the prettiest little thing you'll never need! She oohed and ahhed over it, and I felt like I had succeeded in the gift-giving department! All's well that ends well.

After I made the purse tassel, I started thinking about other things I could use as toppers. Hmmmmm...let me think. Oh, what about all those pears I bought on super deep discount at Target and never could find a use for? PERFECT.

I am chomping at the bit to find time to make some more of these little beauties. Remember all those vintagey figurines I got at Dollar Tree a while back (phone, sewing machine, typewriter)? Guess what they are getting turned into?
Yep, you guessed it...tassels.



TaSsElS RaWk!!!
(EDIT)
Hi girls! I just wanted to let everyone know that there is an AWESOME tutorial out there already. I don't think I could do one that would compare...I'm still learning. But, thanks so much for having such confidence in me... ya'll are too sweet! I LOVE my bloggy friends. Seriously, reading all your sweet comments makes my day! Sooooo, if you are really itching to make some of these tassels, here's the scoop. Heather at BeTasseled gives a couple different toots that are very descriptive and extremely easy to follow. Let me know if you give it a try.
Good luck!

I HEART YA'LL ~ Amanda


13 comments:

Valarie Lea said...

I so want to make some tassels!! I have been picking up some ribbons and other odds and end. I just hope I can actually make them look decent. :)

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

I've never been a big tassel fan, but the more and more I see them, the more I love them. These are adorable!! So are they easy to do? You must do a TOOT!!

Nancy Hood said...

I, too, am wondering how easy they are to make. They look beautiful, but complicated :)

philben5 said...

Waiting for a toot too:0
Roxanne

Lindsay said...

Cuteness! What a great accent!

Unknown said...

How pretty! LOVE your tassels! And how fun is it to be so excited about a new project....that's the BEST, isn't it!?!!?!?

The Redneck Christmas lights in the previous post were really fun too! Hope ya'll had a wonderful Christmas and are looking forward to a Happy New Year.....Keep on Tassel-ing!!?!?!?

megan said...

Cute!!! I love it!! Perfect for you, with your loads of ribbon right? I need to get me some ribbon... =)
Blessings!
Megan

AndreaLeigh said...

those are gorgeous! i love it. i'm going to check out some tutorials, but i doubt any i make could ever look so divine!

megan said...

lol. I just never think of buying a paintbrush! Thats it, I'm getting some tomorrow. And spray adhesive. =)

Mandi Shandi said...

Hey friend! I am still on Christmas vacation in TN, but thought I would pop in to see what everyone was up to. Love your tassels and so glad the little beauties turned out for you. They are indeed addictive. I have made several in the past couple of months. I went to Hobby Lobby the day after Christmas and got some BEE.U.TEE.FULL fringe for when I get home. Hope you all had a great Christmas!

Unknown said...

I love love love your tassels! I need to learn how to make me one!

Unknown said...

I haven't got into the whole tassle thing yet, but this inspires me so much!

Carol Beck said...

I love tassels and making tassels! This is getting weird! We must be kindred spirits!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin