Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Kick it up a notch...with ribbon and scrapbook paper!

Sarah at Thrifty Decor Chick is hosting a "Favorite Things" party. I have sooooo many favorite things, it's really hard to choose just a few...but
I did...and I wanted to share them. First and foremost, I LOVE to "shop" my house for things that are not being used and give them new life. Or repurpose something I've grown tired of and make it feel new again. Secondly, I am a self confessed ribbon and scrapbook paper hoarder. I have way too much of both. But I do actually put it all to good use every chance I get. There are so many possibilities...use your imagination, you'll be surprised what a little ribbon and paper can do!
Before:
Tray of candles

After:
Pimped out tray of candles
I just love how a strip of colorful scrapbook paper really makes these ho-hum candles POP!
And seriously, who doesn't love glittery scrapbook paper?

Before:
Tired lil' lampshade

After:
Ribbon gives even the most boring lampshade some pizazz!

Before:
Sad red candle

After:
Ain't she somethin in her lime green tube top? (uh-oh, it seems to be slipping down on the left side...I hope nothing falls out)


Girls, you don't have to spend alot of money to have cute decorations. Sometimes the very thing you need is probably right in your own home. I love to use what I already have and make it serve many purposes. Think outside the box. Use what you love. Use what you have.
A wise man that I know and love,(my Dad), always says...
"Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without."
Some words of wisdom that I try to live by!


22 comments:

jennifer said...

I'm loving those ideas!

Nancy Hood said...

the candle idea is a great one!

Jodee said...

I love, love, love the tray of candles!

Missy said...

Love the use of paper. I have way too much that is not making its way into books.

Valarie Lea said...

Love, Love, Love the candles!!

Lindsay said...

Love it crafty chick!

Emily said...

Great ideas and wonderful advice from your dad!

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

I love the ribbon on the lamp - perfect!

Shannon said...

It is all so cute! I love shopping in my home too. :)

megan said...

Super cute! I also love how you write when you share things -"pimped out" candles, and the candle falling out of its tube top...You crack me up. I got a beautiful corner cabinet at an antique store, and I plan to fill it up with decorations. Maybe I will have to use some of these ideas! I will post about it on my blog when I get it done!
Blessings,
-Megan

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

ACCCK! I love love love those candles!! You are brilliant!!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I almsot fell off my chair with that first pic with the candles and ribbon and Christmas balls. Oh.my.gosh. SOO cute!

Unknown said...

I love all your ideas! You are so creative! I love the candles with the paper wrapped around them. I am going to try that! Great idea for gifts!

Unknown said...

Hi Amanda,
Great ideas on how to change stuff up...like you have something new!

Unknown said...

Love all the "pimpin' out you do"...too cleaver! I, too, like to do lifts and levels with books; it adds a whole other demension to the "scene".

Cassie said...

Cute, Cute things!

AndreaLeigh said...

I love the candle wraps. This is definately something I could do!

cherry said...

Hi there..came over from Sarahs party...I did that same thing with the candles but did it with the glade votives..used sheet music. You are a girl after my own heart...using things on the cheap! Cherry

Steph said...

Great candles! They really pop with the touches you added.

Thrifty Decor Chick said...

Me again. Do you mind if I highlight this idea on my blog? I'm finding all these fab ideas and want to share them. :)

Angie said...

I also love scrapbook paper and ribbons and how cute they make ordinary things look! Love everything you showed!

Suzanne said...

I love all those ideas. I have SOOOOOOOOO much ribbon and scrapbook paper too. I just can't pass up a 4 for $1 on 12x12 paper deal. Cute stuff!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin