Friday, May 7, 2010

Frayed Rosette Flip Flops



After making the frayed rosettes last week, I still wanted more. (Click here for the tutorial.) Right now I am knee deep in hot glue and fabric strips, making brooches for Mother's Day happies and a necklace for myself. Then last night, I had the brilliant idea to embellish some flip flops with them. I ran to Walmart looking for a cheap pair for myself, but ended up getting these adorable pink patent leather ones for my 4 year old instead. These are definitely at the top of the cute scale! I am in LOVE.


The fabric for these flowers started out as a bedsheet turned window mistreatment. I had recently taken these down and put them away in the closet. I was so excited to be able to repurpose them and give them new life.


I think I have enough strips of this hot pink fabric to make 689 more rosettes. And I haven't even cut into the second half of the panel. Anyone want to come over and make no sew flowers with me???



Ok, this is what you'll need to get started....a pair of shoes or flip flops to embellish, fabric torn into strips, hot glue, and felt.



After I made my rosettes (tutorial here), I cut a round piece of felt to back it with.



Now slather the back of the felt with hot glue.



Pick it up carefully and put it behind the strap of the shoe where you want the rosette to go. Now sandwich the two together and press tight until set.



Cute, cute, and more cute!!!




Have you ever tried to take pictures of a wiggly 4 year old's feet? It is nearly impossible.





She immediately wanted to take her new fancy nancy shoes outside to play. I think she loves them more than I do and that makes me happy!





15 comments:

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those flip flops are DARLING! Love them. Will you make me some - LOL?

XOXO
Jen

Ashley said...

Those are absolutely adorable!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Those are super cute! We have those flip flops in blue and dark pink. If I could just figure out how exactly to get my fabric to work, I'd try this!

Andrea @ The Dawley Fam said...

These are so cute! I will definitely have to give them a try! Hope you have a great day!

Kristen Andrews said...

these rosettes are addictive, I made a bunch of them for myself, pins, necklaces, bracelets and shoe clips too fun they are addictive aren't they!

Suzanne said...

Those are adorable! Love the rosettes. They can go on anything and you just proved that stunningly!

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

SO CUTE! I still haven't tried the rosettes, LOVE them! Maybe this weekend...

Best wishes,
Tammy

Richella Parham said...

Adorable, Amanda! What a great idea! Your creativity is one of the things I love about you. Your sweet mother's heart is another. :)

Unknown said...

Those are so cute! My 4yr old would just LOVE to have her some of those fancy flip flops! I think I would love her to as well. I think I am going to have to make some for her! As if I don't already have a ton of projects waiting...Thanks alot Amanda! No really, thanks! :)

Studio 7 Interior Design, Kristen Rockwood said...

Love you blog! You've been nominated for the Sunshine Award! Check out my blog to see!

kristal said...

totally cute! great idea and since i have only sons, i guess i'll have to make myself a pair:)

Em said...

LOVE IT! I need some "oomph" on my boring flip flops! Thanks!!!

megan said...

Super cute! I might need some for my feet to look pretty this summer as I sport my oh-so-prego belly. ;)
I wanted to stop over and say "Hello Friend!!! How are you??" Morning sickness has tapered off (its about time) and so blogging picks up again. I have noticed this trend- if I am sick, I don't blog. Sad. I am in the middle of re-arranging my craft stuff into the laundry room in the kitchen, so hopefully I can join the crafting once again. I just hope that moving it all around doesn't suck up all my crafting energy! Don't you hate that to craft you have to first get the area CLEAN? Pooo.

Love your creations, as always, and love you!
=)
-Megan

Swampgirl said...

Very cute! I've been on a fabric flower binge, too! Stop by the Swamp and check out my necklaces. I'm off to find some Flip flops!

A Love Worth Waiting For.... said...

These are SO cute!!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin