Friday, January 15, 2010

It's All In The Details!


As with any event, it's the small details with a personal touch that make it so special. I think my sister did a fabulous job in adding those personal touches to her daughter's wedding. Because of the time constraints (6 weeks) she was limited in the things she could do. But if you had been at the reception, you would never have known it! I am seriously amazed at all that she accomplished and was able to pull off, with seeming ease, in that amount of time. Today I will share with you a few of my favorites. And I'm thrilled to announce that she will be here as a guest blogger within the next few days. She will share with us some tips and insight into how she pulled off a beautiful wedding in just 6 short weeks, and lived to tell about it. Please stay tuned and check back...it will be worth it!


The bride and her mom made these adorable favors for the wedding luncheon. They put together some of the couple's favorite love songs and burned CD's for the guests. They made the sleeves out of scrapbook paper, included a playlist of the songs inside, and tied it up with twine and a cute metal charm. What a great favor! Easy, inexpensive, personal, and too stinkin caauuute!


This familiar saying was made into a vinyl transfer and applied to the wall behind the cake table.


My sister wrote this cute little poem about how the two met, summing up their sweet love story. She had a friend cut the vinyl and we put it behind the food table.





I cut the vinyl monograms for the 4 glass front doors. It was a simple touch, but very striking. The bride and groom weren't too shabby either!



Just when you thought you couldn't take any more monograms...we made monogrammed luminaries. Are you sick of this "M" yet? I, personally, do not think you can overdo a monogram, especially at a wedding.



We used them to light the front sidewalk and up the stairs to the front doors. As well as up the stairs inside leading to the kid's table.



Speaking of the kid's table...it was the cutest thing ever! My sister bought galvanized buckets in various sizes to hold the different foods...goldfish, gummi bears, chicken fingers, juice boxes, and mini cupcakes. Each one was tied with a cute ribbon, and labeled with a darling tag. We re-used the cupcake stand from the shower and made a banner strung with twine for the front of the table that read "Yum Yums".



And no wedding would be complete without a fabulous photographer. A friend of ours did the photos and she did a bang up job. This picture was my absolute favorite...artsy with a vintage vibe...perfect! Most of the photos in this post (the good ones anyway) came courtesy of Miriam Arroyo Photography. If you'd like to see more of her work, here's the link to her blog.




Don't forget to check back and welcome my sister as our guest blogger for the day!


23 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Simply gorgeous. This is my kind of party. Love that picture.

Meghan said...

Amazing!

Meghan
www.tuckerstaketennessee.blogspot.com
www.mygreatretreat.com

Jenny said...

Ahhh.....really you are too kind. I love you!!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

These are some great ideas already, Amanda! Can't wait to read your sister's tips. You never know when you might have to pull something like this together on short notice, and it's always good to have tips like this stored away.

Lori said...

Wow! Makes me want to get married again! LOL! Y'all did a great job!

RomIn said...

I was thinking the same thing! I want to get married again! Absolutely beautiful!

Jessica @ This Blessed Life said...

WOW. I am really intrigued about the vinyl letters - I had no idea you could transfer words to vinyl like that. Do you have any information about how to purchase/do that?

Nocona said...

I love all of it! You make me want one of those cricket things. Is there a way to take the vinal lettering off the wall to decorate their house with? I love the kids table idea.

1 Funky Woman said...

Congrats on the new couple! Your sister did an amazing job! I loved the poem she wrote, I hope someone is going to print that out on pretty card stock and frame it, hint hint, lol!

Megan

Jodee said...

Wow! What a fabulous wedding! I love all of the little details!

All Things Cherish said...

You have one creative family! That's awesome you were able to reuse the monogram cake tower. Any chance you know where your sis got the metal charms? Can't wait to read your sister's post. Have a great weekend!

Karen said...

Everything is beautiful! Show us more! Can't wait to welcome your sister! Thanks for sharing.

Treasia Stepp said...

Congratulations to the newlyweds. Everything looks beautiful and looking forward to seeing more.

Pam Walter said...

Your sister is awesome! I love the last photo also. www.satisfiedsole.com

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

You're so right. It is in the details. I can't wait until your sister guest posts. The wedding ideas were fabulous. Honestly, she should submit these ideas to a wedding magazine. Especially with the recession - budget brides is a big thing. The wedding looked so elegent and fun!

Kim @ Everything Etsy said...

Stunning decorations and a beautiful couple!!! I love the photo on the bench!

~Kim

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Beautiful! Love the shot of them kissing with the monogram above. Such a sweet, classy wedding with hardly any time to prepare!! Looking forward to seeing what your sister has up her sleeve. :)

Connie said...

How wonderful to see a temple wedding, sugar! Darling blog. Come visit when you get the chance.
xoxo,
Connie in Idaho

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

What beautiful details. Everything was so beautiful. And I LOVE that dress!!!

XOXO
Jen

Jenn said...

I love their wedding style. That looks like it was a lot of work, but well worth it! I wish that all of these fun crafty ideas were around when I got married...13 years ago! I would've been all over that look! :)
Thanks for sharing!

jaquelyn {mama thoughts} said...

Oh my! 6 weeks? I am duly impressed. Everything looks beautiful, and I do love the monograms. The kids table makes me want to be a kid! ;)

Rachelle said...

Makes me want to have another wedding.. Wonder what my husband would say about that :)~

Looks great, love her gown!

Rachelle

Momma said...

Stunning! All of it...everything! May I ask where she got that dress that is in the very last pic? I just LOVE it and want it!!! Love the wedding dress too, but alas I already wore my wedding dress 10 years ago and I don't plan on wearing another one! ;)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin