Monday, October 27, 2008

HELP!

Ok, I need help. My front door is so not doing it for me. UGGHHHHHHH! And I don't know what is up with the color in that picture, but it makes it look even worse than it is. I love my house, but the outside leaves alot to be desired. One day when I have a wad of cash laying around, I'll have that hideous brick painted. A girl can have dreams, right? Anyway...I need some inspiration. I was going for the "spooky chic" look I have going on inside, but it just doesn't look as good out here. This is what I do like...my spray painted twig trees, my crows wearing pearls, and my tricked out broom. I also heart those ginormous urns I got as a housewarming present from my sweet sisters and mom. I would like for these things to work out here, but if anyone has a different option for me, or a way to tweak it just a bit...I'm open. Thoughts, feelings, ramblings...I'll take it all. Usually I have no problem coming up with new designs for my house, but for some reason I am struggling with this one. I probably wouldn't be stressing about it so much if I didn't have 30 or 40 people coming to my house for a party Friday night. Oh, who am I kidding. I'd be stressing over it even if I wasn't having a party. I'm a little anal that way. Sooooo, help a girl out. Give me something...anything. I'm waiting. And a little impatient.


8 comments:

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

I would add 2 or 3 crows to your branches since it looks a it bare.

If you want to pouf up your front door, maybe get a black boa and wrap it around to make a wreath? Add some spooky googly eyes? OK, scratch that! I think you need more crows. Love them wearing pearls. ;)

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Yay for the crows with pearls. Love that so much - I think the urns would look great with some more color. What about putting some pumpkins in them - the white ones are my favorite. I am also having a party on Friday and am anally obsessing over the details. Cheers to OCD!

Sleepy Hollow Craft Company said...

hey girl! think you need some lights!!! I would
~ for sure get more crows
~ add some pumpkins to the base of the urns or actually inside them around the foot of your AWESOME "trees" you created- white would look neat~ you could always spray paint some regular old orange ones cream color- or at the Country Living Fair I saw some gold painted pumpkins~ which sounds so ghetto fabulous but actually looked really cool~ this woman had them in her booth sitting on an old black rocking chair. Very shabby chic! or for Halloween I should say, sweet and sinister!
Anyhoo~ and I would get some white or orange Christmas lights and dangle them lightly over the branches or wrap them around the base of your trees inside the AMAZING urns.
Sounds fun!!!
I love a Halloween Party!!!!
Take pics of the "after" if you remember :)
~Jenelle

Joy said...

You've got a great start! I think you just need more color. After all, fall is full of beautiful colors. Add some pumpkins in the urns nestled in a garland of leaves and berries. You can even add some orange lights. Those additions to your decor will take you through Thanksgiving with just a change on the front door to a nice fall wreath.
You can look at my blog on the post called A Bit More Color to see what I mean about the pumpkins and garland.
If you have time, and the weather is good, you might even want to freshen up the paint on your front door. Then it will be welcoming all through the holidays.

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

Thank you for your compliments on the costume. It was a shameless excuse to wear a black dress and a boa! Feel free to copy it - we got a lot of compliments and it was so easy.

Cottage At Dove Canyon said...

So, how was the party

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

maybe next year you can put a basic arch in front of the door..., (found at a craft store) and decorate that!

btw...
I drew your name in a halloween giveaway for some of my stamped tickets. these are what they look like...
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=15954097
I just need your mailing address and birthday (optional) for my send out list.
altered-art@hotmail.com

Thanks!
~Michelle

Saucy said...

No, seriously! I like your door display and wonder if you ever bothered switching it up before Halloween because it wasn't necessary. Lurrve me those black branches with crows. I wanted to do the same thing but couldn't find crows this year, anywhere... the pearls around their necks is absolutely inspired!

And hey, I have the same witchy signs and door colour. You're okay in my book.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin